It's been an embarrassingly long time since I last posted on here. As I was looking back at some of the last posts I wrote I was a little heart broken that I haven't kept up as well as I should have. I forget so many of our every day happenings and it was so fun to look back and read about it all again! I have posted the birth stories of all of our kids on here because it seems to be the easiest place journal it in a way that it can be shared with family and friends easily. So in keeping with that tradition here is Chloe's pregnancy and birth story!
*The Pregnancy*
Everything about Chloe's coming into our lives was perfect (even though she did make us wait an awfully long time for her). My pregnancy with Chloe was awesome. Just awesome. I loved being pregnant the entire time. I felt great the ENTIRE time. I had no morning sickness, really no indication that I was even pregnant aside from feeling slightly tired some days. I had such a lack of symptoms that I was honestly a little shocked to see a baby on the monitor during our first ultrasound! Even at
the end when I was overdue the only thing that was hard was all the questions and the anticipation. I was SO ready to finally meet my little girl! I never got too uncomfortable though and was even still able to sleep well at the very end. Chloe was our little beautiful surprise. At the beginning of 2014 Kyle and I talked very briefly about the possibility of our family being complete. We were both somewhat leaning toward being done. Three boys all pretty close in age has definitely been a fun and challenging experience and we weren't sure we were up for more of a challenge. We decided we would make the official decision in October of 2014. We had planned on really praying about it and talking about it and attending the temple as frequently as possible during this time to prepare ourselves to reach an inspired decision. So life continued on and come March I was really late. I honestly didn't think anything of it since we were actively preventing. I thought maybe it was due to a more rigorous workout routine. I even had the fleeting thought that maybe, just maybe I was pre-menopausal (Ha!) I happened to have a conversation with my sister Cassandra who'd just delivered my little nephew Bennett. She asked when we were maybe going to have another baby and I told her we'd talk about it more come October. I also said, "I am a little worried though because my period is really weird lately and I'm thinking I may be pre-menopausal." I told her that I was like 20 days late. She asked if I had taken a pregnancy test and I just laughed and said no, but I really doubted that I was pregnant. That conversation was enough to get me thinking *maybe* I was pregnant. So I went out right after I got off the phone with her to pick up a pregnancy test so I could rule that out and be on my merry way. I tested when I got home and it immediately read a very clear and obvious POSITIVE! I sent Kyle a text and said, "I think I might be pregnant." he wrote back and said, "yeah but haven't you thought that before and it was a false alarm?" I sent him a picture of the test in response and he said, "give me a second. I'm going to call you."--and so began the beginning of Chloe coming into our lives. If I could have a pregnancy like that guaranteed every single time I might actually consider having more!
Sunday, January 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment